A new way of living in South Korea is emerging with a mission of making a better city lifestyle. Young adults have found better ways to improve their home life than just normally renting in Korea. This is called “Episode”, but what exactly is “Episode”? In this article, Ziptoss will be introducing what Episode in Seongsu and Seocho is all about.
What is “Episode”?
Whether alone or not, Episode has a perfect space for you. Episode is a unique residential building with a goal of making city living better. Episode provides a new experience for residents and creates spaces to make one’s life not-so-boring in the city. This way of living also connects neighbors and local communities to have a better living experience. There are around 7 Episode locations in different districts and are usually found in the cultural and transportation hubs of Seoul, making it more accessible and convenient to its residents.
There are different types of spaces for you to live in different locations of Episode. Whether living alone, with pets, or with a significant other, Episode has different living options for you. Let’s have a look at Seocho and Seongsu branches.
Episode Seocho 393
Home Mate type– This type has furniture and decor with warm colors that give a very comfortable ambiance and the open concept will make your space appear larger. There are wall panels you can use to divide parts of your home to your preference.
Soul Mate type– This space uses very durable materials to minimize damages, this works best for pet owners. The Soul Mate type also has non-slip floors, furniture for pets, and a sound-proof door to minimize noise.
Green Mate type– This space has interiors with green tones to give a refreshing and calling atmosphere. It also has sliding glass doors to divide a private space from the rest of the unit. You will also have a small space in the bedroom called the “Alpha room”, this can be transformed into a dressing room, powder room, or even a mini bar.
Intimate type– This type has the largest space, meant for couples to share the entire room together. There are also sliding doors to split the room for privacy, you can also fold these panels to create a bigger living space. More spacious furniture is also provided with a C-shaped sofa to create a more intimate environment.
Other amenities in the building
- Relaxation areas- You can meditate and relax in this area with private rooms, massage chairs, and a media room.
- Kitchen- You can have cooking classes and create content in the shared kitchen. You can also have dinner in a private dining room.
- Rooftop- You can enjoy the view of the city on the rooftop and have a barbeque party with neighbors.
- Gym- Private workouts and GX classes can be held in the gym with equipment provided for you to use in various workout activities.
- Pet care- Episode knows that pets are valued as much as their residents, they have provided a playground for pets, even a pet store is available in the building with pet grooming.
Episode Seongsu 101 & 121
Basic type– The use of a wall panel system installed to create a bigger storage space that suits your style. The wall panel system is compatible with all IKEA Agolt furniture. Another way to fill the space left after wall decoration is to rent furniture or accessories.
Curated type– The well-designed room has a high sense of interior design and high space utilization. This space was proposed by Choi Jung-Ho, who is active in various design fields from products to spaces and brands. This type can maximize the space, and there are duplex-types with an upper floor, you can choose according to your preferences.
IKEA type– In a special cooperation with IKEA, which has been providing beautiful furniture for houses for 75 years. Six conceptual spaces are defined with decoration and full of IKEA’s furniture to improve life.
Other amenities in Seongsu 101 & 121
Fitness rooms- You can have private fitness rooms with a Virtual Mate and props for your workout.
- Private warehouse/storage- They provide extra storage space for your things if there is a lack of storage in your space.
- Shared kitchen- There is a communal kitchen to share and cook meals with neighbors.
- Laundry room- You can do laundry in a separate space with a larger washer and dryer provided.
- Unmanned market- An unmanned market is open for 24 hours where you can find snacks and meals to satisfy your cravings.
- Rooftop bar- A rooftop bar is also available where you can have a romantic time or enjoy an event with your neighbors.
- Indoor bar and cafe- You can have a cup of coffee or a cocktail in this space if you want some peace and time to yourself.
- Lounge/workspace- If you want a change of atmosphere when working, you can use the lounge to spend time and meet new people living in the building.