Shipping packages has been essential nowadays, from sending gifts to family and friends, to shipping packages to customers, it isn’t as difficult as you think. Shipping an international package from South Korea is as easy as in any other country, maybe even simpler. Ziptoss is a South Korea- based company that helps foreigners have an easier process of moving into South Korea. Ziptoss also provides useful information and guides for foreigners to navigate easier through South Korea’s lifestyle, laws, and culture. In this article, we’ll be discussing how we can mail packages overseas and introducing different shipping options from shipping companies you can choose from in the country.
Shipping options in South Korea
When mailing packages from South Korea, airmail is a good option because it’s quick and efficient. Especially for online businesses, airmail is cheaper than other options and takes about two to three weeks to arrive at the assigned address. Airmail is also much safer for fragile packages and will arrive at its destination in good condition.
Surface mail means that your package will be delivered from point A to point B by boat or ship. Compared to airmail, surface mail has a higher risk of packages being damaged in transit because of the unpredictable water current and weather conditions. It could also take a much longer time to arrive at its destination, but the advantage of surface mail is that it is the cheapest option for mailing packages overseas. This is good for those who are not in a rush to have their packages shipped and if the packages are less prone to being damaged or broken.
EMS(Express Mail Service)
EMS or Express Mail Service is under Korea Post. So far, it is the quickest option for shipping packages overseas. It’s faster and much safer than airmail or surface mail, the maximum weight for each package is 30 kilograms. The only disadvantage of EMS is that it is much more expensive than the other options(about three times more expensive than surface mail), but if you’re willing to sacrifice an amount of money for something urgent or important, then it is a better choice to use Express Mail Service for important packages or documents.
How much is the shipping fee for international deliveries?
The prices will vary depending on your chosen shipping option, the weight of the package, and the destination.
Where to start?
- First, you’ll have to go to the nearest postal service center, ask for a box that would fit the things you would be shipping overseas.
- After getting the box and making sure that you have a perfect size, you will be getting a number and you will have to wait for your number to be called.
- While you are waiting, you can fill out a form and write the information needed. There are different forms for each shipping option, so you can choose properly what you prefer.
- Once your number is called, you can go to the front desk, the officer will then ask some questions about your package and they will also weigh it.
- Once it is approved you can leave it there and track it online to see where you’re package is going.